Thursday, September 1, 2016
Hey Savages Kim here,
 I'm back with my full reveal of projects created with the Swirlydoos August *Tranquility*  monthly kit. This kit is so jammed packed with gorgeous new papers, flowers, chipboard and embossing powders from Blue Fern Studios. You have got to get one, if you don't already subscribe.
Yesterday I gave you a little preview of the DT projects but today I'm back showing you all the projects I created using this amazing kit.

  I'm starting off with the layout I made using our monthly sketch.
Here is the sketch again:
August 2016 sketch

Here is my take on the sketch. This was another kit that has such a vintage feel. The brown tones of the photo go so well with the hues of the papers.
The kits are jam-packed, so I used very few things from my stash.  Mainly a die, a stencil, mist and inks to complete the page.
August 2016 sketch

 Next up is another layout. I used another vintage photo. I found this one on the Internet, I just could not find a source for it.
I have a few layers going on here. I used a page from an old book. The tag is from the tech kit, I used a background stamp on it. The chipboard piece is from my stash, it was perfect for the photo. There is a bit of stenciling and stamping here and there.
August 2016 1

Here is a masculine layout. Oh how I have a difficult time with these layouts. My dh hates to see flowers on his layouts. I know those of you with little and BIG little boys at home feel my pain. Oh the struggle is real...lol!!
So I used a few flowers. They are made from burlap, so it's kinda manly...right? I added a bunch of metals that were altered using the tech kit. Lots of stamping for texture and some stenciling as well. There is chipboard, inking and burlap too. All the things that make a manly layout.
August Tech

I have a video on how to use the Ten Second Verday Paint and Patina kit. Here it is:



For my last layout I have the "anatomy" layout.
I used another vintage photo to create this layout. This time, I did some distressing along with misting and masking. Almost (99%) all of the elements used on this layout are from the main kit.
I have a snapguide tutorial which shows my step by step process. make sure you stop by and check it out.
August Anatomy


Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget, if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Kim) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!
DT-KIM

0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed