Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Today we are back with the second half of our Guest Designer Spotlight with Swirly Girly Jan Penny. Jan really knows how to get the most out of her Swirlydoos kit. Plus Krissy really does pack a lot into the kits. So lets see what else Jan has in store for us.

Now, my husband asked me to scrap a photo of his best friend, Brian, and his then girlfriend, Iris. They took this selfie while on our dock last summer. Now, they are getting married so this will be a wedding gift from us. Papers, butterfly, metal fence, and LOVE letters from the kit. The leaves and pearls are from a past kit.


Now, to use that chippie. I used the Blenders on the chippie after a coat of gesso. Then some various embossing powders along with Perfect Pearls. Doilies from a past kit. Some flowers and leaves from my stash. I like to use the chippies in unexpected ways, meaning I like to cut them apart or use them where you wouldn't expect.



Now, on to more clean and simple as I am getting down to scraps. I like to do grungy and girlie together. The purples in this scrap of paper were perfect for the sunset photo at our wedding. The sky has the same purple so here we go. A little grunge, TH rub-ons and tissue tape, and some flowers. The black gothic fence is a die cut that I saved from Swirly camp two years ago. Thank you, Rae!




More scraps with this one. My first puppy love, Cody. His first Halloween dressed as a cheerleader. I just took the Build-a-Bear outfit off of my bear and put it on him. The flowers are from last month's kit and my stash.

  

Ok, now to make a card with this pretty piece of paper. I found this card technique on Pinterest. It is very easy but looks complicated. 


 Using up my scraps now. I thought I knew what I was doing here but I was getting tired. So, I went to bed and while I was laying there I thought of doing some paper weaving with the scraps. I couldn't wait to get started. I wanted a little grunge with the weaving and some flowers. There you go. The kit is now gone.


Like I said, Jan can really get the most out of her kits. All of her projects have been just amazing. We hope you have enjoyed having Jan as a Guest Designer as much as we have. Thank you Jan!


If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at http://www.swirlydoos.com/. Mention my name (Kim Heard) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store! 

2 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Boy, you're not kidding about getting the most out of a kit. And the results are amazing!!!
Jan, thanks so much for all of the inspiration!!!!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Wow Jan... You totally rocked this kit. Love all these awesome projects!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed