Monday, January 26, 2015
Hey you Swirly Savages, it's Kim here to share more projects I created using the January *Bejeweled* Kit. I love the elegant papers in this kit from Blue Fern Studios. You could do so much with them, masculine, grungy, shabby. Today I chose to go feminine with them. 

I found this photo of my niece right after she was born (she will be 11 next month). I thought it went  great with these papers.  I didn't do much to the background, these papers don't need much to enhance them. I brushed on a bit of silks in Ice once the layout was complete to add a bit of shine.

The chipboard pieces are from my stash. I used some perfect pearls and embossing powder on them. The title was cut using my cameo (yes I actually used it, and it was easy). 
Cutting the title was a bit feat for me. LOL!

My next project for this month was created using the Color Lab Project add on kit. This is an amazing system. You can create your own custom color mist. Plus there is a canvas and mistable flowers and ribbon in the kit. 

I created what I will call a serenity canvas. I created 3 different shades of Teal green. 1 light, 1 dark and 1 with a shimmer.

I did some masking on the canvas first, then using the mist sprayed using the lightest to the darkest. I dried each layer in between mist. 

I misted my flowers the same way, using the mist in layers. I never used all one color on the flowers. I wanted a varied color throughout. 

Once everything was dry, I just started adding the embellishments. I used aged white embossing powder on the Serenity chipboard piece (from my stash).  The Prima resin pieces and leaves are all from my stash as well. I sprinkled the leaves with a bit of diamond dust and called it done. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. Don't forget to check out the boutique to snag your kit today. Sold Out? Become a subscriber and never miss another perfectly coordinated kit again. How do you do that? See below.

 If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Kim Heard) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!




1 comments:

Merrihew said...

Stunning projects, Kim! This kit is a beauty!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed