Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Hey Savages, it's Kim today to share another layout I did with the Vintage Love kit. This kit has been perfect to showcase the photos I took on our European trip earlier this year. If you have some travel photos waiting to be scrapped, I suggest using this kit.

I used one of the "selfies" that dh and I took on our trip. We took one everyday and tried our best to get some type of landmark in the background. This particular doesn't have a landmark, but was taken on the city bus in Paris.

I used the main kit plus elements from the flower, mixed media and technique add ons. Aren't those little cork hearts from the main kit adorable. I wanted to stick them all over this page.

I used the molds in the technique kit to make the key, lock and the clock that is tucked into my flower cluster. I love the mod molds that come in the kit. You can get yours here

I did a bit of masking, I thought the circles went well with the jumbo polka dots in my scarf. LOL! I also added lots of clear gesso, stamping and mists. Then at the end, did some highlighting with pan pastels. I have really been loving the effects I get with them lately.

I added a few things from my stash, like the crochet doily and a few pieces of metal. There were plenty of embellishments in this kit without using my stash, but I just couldn't help my self. You know, stop hoarding and start using. LOL!!

I can't believe I am saying this, but I even added journaling to the back of the tag on the left. The tags in this kit make it easy to incorporate it into the design. That has always been my problem with journaling, figuring out where to put it. Alas no more, with these tags. I can actually document (in writing) about our wonderful trip.


You did know that Swirlydoos Kit Club sends out beautifully coordinated kits every month? Swirlydoos has been sending out top of the line kits all over the world since 2009. I love getting my box of goodies every month. It all works together so well that I don't have to go out and search for things that coordinate.

If you are interested in receiving Swirlydoos monthly kits, please visit Swirlydoos Kit Club and click on Join Our Club on the left side bar. Be sure to mention my name, Kim, when you subscribe because you will receive a 10% discount on your first kit AND a coupon for 30% off an entire purchase in the Swirlydoos store. Your Swirlydoos store purchases are always shipped free when shipped along with your monthly kit.

Thanks for visiting our blog today!  Be sure to stop by  our blog for our Saturday tutorials and every day in the forums to see what's happening at Swirlydoos Kit Club!


2 comments:

L. Akins said...

Love the mixed media background!!!

Krissy said...

Fabulous dahling!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed