Thursday, August 28, 2014
Hey Savages, Kim here to share some more of my layouts made with this months kit Wistful Blues. I had such a great time creating with this kit.

First up is a layout featuring moi (one of my favorite scrapping subjects). I, like some of my other DT members, have found the pinks in this kit. Pink is my signature color, I just love scrapping with it.

I did some distressing to the pattern paper, and some punching around the edges of the grey card stock. I used several pieces of scraps for layering around my photo. I used some panpastels and the mist to highlight behind my layers and clusters. I am loving the panpastels.




I used elements from the main kit, as well as the flower and embellishment add ons. The blue mist came from the mixed media add on. I threw in the panpastels, leaves and chipboard from my stash.


For my next layout, I went with the blues and incorporated some green. I used a photo of dh and myself (another of my favorite scrappy subjects).


I added a few layers behind my photo. I used the great doily that I got a Swirly camp, as a mat to my photo.

Again, I distressed the edges of the pattern paper and used some card stock beneath it. I did a bit of masking with some crackle embossing paste. Oops, I got a little crazy with the flowers and covered up part of the sentiment, lol.

See the cracks, I love the texture it created. I went over it lightly with some green chalk ink to highlight it.


I used the mixed media add on to color my chipboard. There is a piece poking it's head out at the bottom. Once colored, I stamped on it with a script stamp from my stash. Again, I used some panpastels to highlight around my photo and cluster.

Thanks for taking a peek at my final projects with the Wistful Blues kit. Don't forget to stop by the Boutique and pick up your Wistful Blues kit, if they haven't sold out. Or better yet, never miss another kit by subscribing to the monthly kits



3 comments:

L. Akins said...

Beautiful layout! The last one is a new FAVE!!

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Kim, these layouts are just totally stunning!!!! (I'm leaving you even more love in the gallery...)

Paula Calvanico said...

So beautiful Kim. Love the misting. Fabulous work :)

Paula

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed