Sunday, August 3, 2014
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for August is.....

Steph Dinnell
 
 
 

Here is a bit from Steph:
 
Hi all, my name is Stephanie and I live in a small town on Vancouver Island off the West coast of British Columbia, Canada called Campbell River and our claim to fame is being the “Salmon Capital” of the world. At this time of the year we get 100’s of Americans coming to fish up here and enjoy our beautiful city. I grew up in Richmond which is a suburb of Vancouver, BC on the mainland with about 200,000 people. We moved here to Campbell River (with about 30,000 people) 9 years ago and have loved being in a small town. If it wasn’t for the fact that our kids are still on the mainland we’d probably never go back there.
I got into scrapbooking just after we moved here because I wanted to give my daughter a book of our memories for Christmas just to show her how much I missed her. The local scrap store we had here had classes for beginners so I thought I’d take the class. So of course after the class I would stop by the store and check out all of the beautiful samples they had and I’d buy a few more things, then a few more and suddenly I was addicted!
I decided I’d go on the internet and see what else I could find on scrapping and suddenly there were all of the sites I found that people shared all of their beautiful scrappy projects. I finally found Swirlydoos and I lurked for a bit checking out all of the beautiful work by the members. I finally joined Swirlydoos in February of 2012, even though I have not been able to order the kits every month yet I was welcomed by everyone and they shared all of their work with everyone, with challenges, tutorials etc and you could ask advice and everyone was so willing to help you out. I love this group, it’s become another family to me, and we all support each other no matter what the problem. These ladies have taught me so much, I look back on my original layouts & cards I did and they just seemed so boring, lol. I love the shabby/chic style of scrapping and have recently got into the mixed medium type of scrapping, not that I’m very good at it yet but slowly I’m learning. Krissy has built a real special group here, so if your looking for some place to join & hang out “Swirlydoos” is definitely the place to be!
You can see more of my work on my blog here: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/
 
 Here are a some of my favorite projects of Steph's, sure to inspire you!!



 


Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be! We love our Swirlygirls!!
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Steph, it wouldn't be Swirlydoos without your warm and encouraging presence; congratulations!!!!!

Linda Pekrul said...

Peggy says it exactly right Steph! I always look forward to chatting with you on the forums and having you with us in the challenges! Congratulations!

Paula Calvanico said...

I'm only a Swirly-girl a short time, but Steph truly is a warm wonderful person :)

Paula

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much ladies for being my "other" family!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed